Sunday 17 June 2012

Glitter - We Stamp On Sundays

This week over at Adventures In Stamping the challenge was to use glitter in the mani. As soon as I heard that I knew I wanted to use some of my mac glitters, and while I couldn't find my fuchsia one, I settled for using Crystalled Lime, and a Teal glitter by Lanmei that I got for 50p years ago.

First I painted my nails with on my favourite polishes (especially before I started this blog) though it has been quite neglected, and I haven't worn it in over a year! No swatches though sorry ;( I used a top coat and waited for it to be tacky before pressing in the glitter, added top coat, stamped, and then top coat again. :]

Base Coat: La Femme
Base Colour: Beauty UK - Turquoise Shimmer
Glitter: Mac - Crystalled Lime
Lanmei - Teal
Image Colour: BYS - Black Satin
Image Plate: Dashica Big SpD-A
Top Coat: China Glaze - No Chip Top Coat


Before stamp, before top coat, you can clearly see the difference in between the glitters, The Mac glitter went on so smooth, and the Lanmei glitter just clumped.



This is the first week where there will be no bottle shot/ photo of the plate, and that is because I'm feeling way too lazy to do that :P I hope everyone's had a good weekend :]

47 comments:

  1. Lovely! I´ve never tried this kind of glitter, although I have a couple of boxes. I´ll have to prove them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! Love the way this came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, this turned out fab! I've never tried loose glitter before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love a nice glitter mani and this is definitely one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMG - this is absolutely gorgeous - I totally love it - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, I've never tried loose glitter before in a mani. Scared of the mess, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The mess isn't that bad! I tape my fingers up (now that I have a blog for ease of cleanup) and hold my finger over the pot of glitter on top of a piece of paper when I press or sprinkle the glitter. I go outside and blow on my nails, and then use tape to pick up runaway bits :]

      Delete
  7. Wooo very pretty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome, especially love that Mac glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this turned out so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the glitter under the stamp looks amazing!! I love it <3 you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is freaking awesome! i love these jenni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this is just divine :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. All together an amazing effect--I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous!! I'm so jealous of how great your stamping always turns out!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks lovely! I love checkered patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. DUDE!!!!!!! This is freakin gorgeous! You are rocking this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those glitters look amazing! Reminds me of a fish for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo pretty hun, think its ok not to put pics of the stamping plates etc id rather see more pretty mani's lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just like having that be part of my Sunday post :]

      Delete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]