Sunday 18 December 2011

Gold Glitter Sponged Tips & Stars

I say stars in the title... But they're not very star like. Originally these were meant to be snowflakes, but I just couldn't achieve this. The idea came when my friend Amy posted an image on my Facebook of gold glitter fade with snowflake decals on. I thought it looked lovely, and I remembered that I had some snowflake stickers somewhere, but when I couldn't find them I settled for trying to do them free hand. Unfortunately doing them freehand meant that they weren't as delicate and perfect as I'd wanted them to be. So I settled for some "stars" made of lines... And the next day I found my Snowflake decals :P

Base Coat: CND - Stickey
Base Colour: Rimmel - French Rose
Golds: Miss Sporty - Gold Backstage & H&M - Wa Wa Woom
Acrylic White Paint
& Glitter From An Old Nail Art Set


A thank you goes to my sister-in-law Martine for lending me this french manicure colour, as I don't own one :]

13 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Top 10 Award! http://whimsicalglam.blogspot.com/2011/12/yet-another-lovely-tag-from-amanda.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love LOVE this mani, how do you do the manis that change from one color to the next? I swear every time I attempted that it looks horrible on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all!

    @Beauty on a college budget: I used a makeup sponge. I ripped off a little bit, dipped it into some polish that I'd placed on a sheet of paper; dab it on the piece of paper to remove excess, then onto your nails at the tip. And just work your way up to 3/4 or the nail, and repeat until the tip's more opaque than the middle of your nail :] I hope that explains it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Festive :-) I like the gold tips. Haven't yet attempted any xmas manis, should start though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it !

    .•:*¨¨*:•.HAPPY•:*¨¨*:•.HOLIDAYS!.•:*¨¨*:•.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cool design! Who cares that they aren't perfect starts or snowflakes! It's still very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gz to the the Top 10 Award:-)!!

    and this mani is really nice:-)
    i guess i could attempt somet like this. never tried this sponging before

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your mani, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. play bazaar satta king

    play bazaar satta kingThe following article below discusses some of the information that you need to go green.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Satta King Want To Start Internet Marketing? Try Using These Tips! Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]